[WriteLog] Wanted: packet spot tricks etc.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wanted: packet spot tricks etc.
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
I will be operating assisted/unlimited in the CQ/RJ WW this weekend, using
(Internet) packet spots for the first time.  I think I figured out how to grab
a spot (double-click) and return to my run frequency (F12) -- like I'll be
running much with 100W and a vertical, hah! :-)

Can the frequency range for spots be narrowed?  I.e. I'd prefer not to see CW
or SSB spots in the window, only RTTY spots.

How does one put out a spot?  Yeah, yeah, read the manual.  I will, but I won't
be home until just before the contest starts.

I haven't played with the band map but I will want to.

Any other tricks that are good to know?  Like in CT, you can bounce
back-and-forth between your RUN frequency and a particular spot using the same
key (ALT-F4), is there similar functionality in Writelog?

I'll summarize any responses I get.

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. and good luck to all this weekend!

=====