[WriteLog] Packet Spots.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet Spots.
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:20:12 -0500
--=====================_7211048==_.ALT

Packet Spots Behavior.

I am set up for the JARTS and I use AFSK so have LSB is FSK set.

AS long as I leave the radio in LSB then it all works and always leaves it
in LSB when I switch frequency with packet spot.

If it is not in LSB (say USB) it switches but goes to FSK.

Perhaps this is working as designed and I will then live with it, but if
not , I wonder what I am dong wrong.

I looked and looked in the help file and cannot find anything about this.

If I have an SSB contest set up then it leaves it in SSB so I suspect being
in RTTY mode has something to do with it. Perhaps this is in the contest
module?

I have noticed that if I start the program when the rig is already in LSB
AND I never manually change the mode then it always leaves it in LSB.

Once I have changed the mode manually (I know I would probably not do that
in a contest , but might to monitor something really quickly) then it
always switches to FSK.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_7211048==_.ALT

Packet Spots Behavior.<br><br>
I am set up for the JARTS and I use AFSK so have LSB is FSK
set.<br><br>
AS long as I leave the radio in LSB then it all works and always leaves
it in LSB when I switch frequency with packet spot.<br><br>
If it is not in LSB (say USB) it switches but goes to FSK.<br><br>
Perhaps this is working as designed and I will then live with it, but if
not , I wonder what I am dong wrong.<br><br>
&nbsp;<br><br>
I looked and looked in the help file and cannot find anything about
this.<br><br>
If I have an SSB contest set up then it leaves it in SSB so I suspect
being in RTTY mode has something to do with it. Perhaps this is in the
contest module?<br><br>
I have noticed that if I start the program when the rig is already in LSB
AND I never manually change the mode then it always leaves it in
LSB.<br><br>
Once I have changed the mode manually (I know I would probably not do
that in a contest , but might to monitor something really quickly) then
it always switches to FSK.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>