[WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:39:15 -0500
--=====================_326799292==_.ALT

I followed this procedure but have a question.

After submission I realized that the rules say the log should contain the
age SENT and RECEIVED.
The WriteLog file does not  contain the age sent.
Will that be accepted or will it disqualify the log?

They obviously have the age in the summary sheet but a strict reading of
the rules on the home page seems to imply that it is required in the log.
Of course one could interpret the summary to be part of the log?

  At 22:52 10/22/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> > How do you go about creating separate band files as requested by the
> > Jarts contest committee. I used Writelog and it worked flawlessly. Can
> > someone steer me in the right direction?
>
>Here's what I did - I'm sure someone will jump in if there's a better way:
>
>1.  Export your log in the "ASCII by band" format, File|Export or File|Save
>As - (See http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/jarts.gif)  This produces a log sorted
>by band.
>2.  Use Notepad or similar to make plain text files for each band.  Cut each
>band's QSOs from the sorted log and paste into new logs named callsign.10,
>callsign.15, callsign.20 etc.  Make sure these are PLAIN TEXT files.
>3.  Email these as attachments to the contest director at the appropriate
>address.
>4.  Go to their online log summary page and complete the summary form.
>
>It's not just one step for this contest, but you should be able to do it in,
>what, 5 minutes or less?

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_326799292==_.ALT

I followed this procedure but have a question.<br><br>
After submission I realized that the rules say the log should contain the
age SENT and RECEIVED.<br>
The WriteLog file does not&nbsp; contain the age sent. <br>
Will that be accepted or will it disqualify the log?<br><br>
They obviously have the age in the summary sheet but a strict reading of
the rules on the home page seems to imply that it is required in the log.
Of course one could interpret the summary to be part of the
log?<br><br>
&nbsp;At 22:52 10/22/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br>
separate band files as requested by the<br>
&gt; Jarts contest committee. I used Writelog and it worked flawlessly.
Can<br>
&gt; someone steer me in the right direction?<br><br>
Here's what I did - I'm sure someone will jump in if there's a better
way:<br><br>
1.&nbsp; Export your log in the &quot;ASCII by band&quot; format,
File|Export or File|Save<br>
As - (See http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/jarts.gif)&nbsp; This produces a log
sorted<br>
by band.<br>
2.&nbsp; Use Notepad or similar to make plain text files for each
band.&nbsp; Cut each<br>
band's QSOs from the sorted log and paste into new logs named
callsign.10,<br>
callsign.15, callsign.20 etc.&nbsp; Make sure these are PLAIN TEXT
files.<br>
3.&nbsp; Email these as attachments to the contest director at the
appropriate<br>
address.<br>
4.&nbsp; Go to their online log summary page and complete the summary
form.<br><br>
It's not just one step for this contest, but you should be able to do it
in,<br>
what, 5 minutes or less?<br><br>