[WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission - PROBLEM

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Jarts Log Submission - PROBLEM
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:17:10 -0500
Gil & et al,

You are correct.  As Tom, WX4TM, also alerted me to the fact that
the rules state AGE sent as well as received.

There's one way around it.  You are going to have to add it into
the ASCII log if you want to be 100% sure the log is correct as per the
rules, OR

there is another way around it if you own WT4I Cabrillo tools.

1.  Save WriteLog file as "ASCII per band".
2.  Convert that file to Cabrillo using WT4I converter.
3.  Cut and paste the appropriate contacts in to CALLSIGN.80, CALLSIGN.40, etc.
files

I have not done this so I'm not 100% it will work.  I looked at it last night
and it appears it will work.  I report if it does not.

I'm going to look into this situation a little deeper so see if there is any
other
way to do it.  If not, I'll suggest to Wayne that a change needs to be made for
at least JARTS log submissions.

I'll report back my findings.

I seriously doubt that JARTS would disqualify anyone for not including
the age in the log since it is included in the summary sheet.  I just checked
my 2000 JARTS logs, the ones I actually submitted, and they did not
include the SENT AGE.  So it's up to you.  I like to be on the safe side
so I'll probably go to the trouble of adding the SENT AGE somehow.

73, Don AA5AU