[WriteLog] cw de-coder

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] cw de-coder
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:12:50 -0600
--=====================_495131611==_.ALT

At 20:59 11/7/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:

> [...]

If I type in the call the dupe check is done. I know it can copy under
ideal conditions but when you cannot hear them well or when the speed gets
outside the range of speeds it is set for it is not very good. I would love
to have it work. It just does not for me. I have never seen one that does.
It still makes errors so you have to copy the call yourself to be sure and
so there you lose your advantage.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_495131611==_.ALT

At 20:59 11/7/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br><br>
From: &quot;Gil Baron&quot; &lt;gbaron@home.com&gt;<br><br>
&gt; FOR CW use your head. It is FR superior to what you can do with
WriteLog<br>
OR<br>
&gt; ANY OTHER DECODER in a contest.<br><br>
Gil, I just used WriteLog in CW mode for the first time in the CW<br>
Sweepstakes - What a blast!&nbsp; It copied everyone almost perfectly -
The only<br>
problems were the guys sending slowly by hand.&nbsp; Everyone else
printed<br>
perfectly almost all the time.&nbsp; Maybe you can COPY in your head, but
after a<br>
few 10s or 100s of QSOs, you can't dupe check or know if a station is a
new<br>
mult or not - WriteLog handles all of that in an instant if you're
printing<br>
the CW in the Rttyrite window!<br>
If I type in the call the dupe check is done. I know it can copy under
ideal conditions but when you cannot hear them well or when the speed
gets outside the range of speeds it is set for it is not very good. I
would love to have it work. It just does not for me. I have never seen
one that does. It still makes errors so you have to copy the call
yourself to be sure and so there you lose your advantage.<br><br>
WriteLog mailing list<br>
WriteLog@contesting.com<br>