[WriteLog] WriteLog & Nov Phone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Nov Phone
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:02:13 -0600
--=====================_64218621==_.ALT

At 21:57 11/9/2001, Raymond W. Brann wrote:
>Hi All, First, I've never worked the ARRL Nov Phone before.
>Just looking at the layout in WriteLog and I have a question, hope you
>folks will help.

Look on the ARRL Web site and you would have all of these answers. That is
the best place to get the rules..

>The Entry Window Layout:
>
>SEQ/NR/P/CALL//CK/SECT
>
>What is the "NR" and the "P"??

NR is a sequential contact serial number.
P means precedence. It comes form the ancient traffic handling system where
it meant the priority of a message. In the contest, it represents your
power level. A for low, B for High and several others. It also is a club
competition indicator. You MUST read the rules.

>and in reality is the exchange usually given in that order?

Yes it is.

>Thanks,
>Ray/W1RWB

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_64218621==_.ALT

At 21:57 11/9/2001, Raymond W. Brann wrote:<br>
the ARRL Nov Phone before.<br>
Just looking at the layout in WriteLog and I have a question, hope
you<br>
folks will help.<br>
Look on the ARRL Web site and you would have all of these answers. That
is the best place to get the rules..<br><br>
SEQ/NR/P/CALL//CK/SECT<br><br>
NR is a sequential contact serial number.<br>
P means precedence. It comes form the ancient traffic handling system
where it meant the priority of a message. In the contest, it represents
your power level. A for low, B for High and several others. It also is a
club competition indicator. You MUST read the rules.<br><br>
usually given in that order?<br>
Yes it is.<br><br>
Ray/W1RWB<br><br>