[WriteLog] Sending CW?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sending CW?
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:08:46 -0600
--=====================_64612197==_.ALT

At 22:46 11/9/2001, VA7LC@shaw wrote:
>I've been happily running Writelog for some time now using an LPT port to
>key my FT920. Everything is works fine, however I am expecting to upgrade to
>XP and realizing that with XP I cannot use an LPT port I just changed how I
>send CW to a Com port, the same one my rig is on, Com 1. Now I cannot send
>CW. Why is that? I am using Window98. If I cannot send CW using a Com port
>then I have to stay with '98.

I use COM2 for CW and COM 3 for radio control. It works better that way for
me. COM2 also controls my PTT.
It may be hard ot use the radio port as the radio may need to use the DTR
or DSR for tis own use and conflict with use for W.
I am not saying it is not possible, just that I find it better to isolate
these functions.

Also, be sure to set PC sends CW.

>What do I need to do to send CW from a Com port?
>Thanks

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_64612197==_.ALT

At 22:46 11/9/2001, VA7LC@shaw wrote:<br>
for some time now using an LPT port to<br>
key my FT920. Everything is works fine, however I am expecting to upgrade
to<br>
XP and realizing that with XP I cannot use an LPT port I just changed how
I<br>
send CW to a Com port, the same one my rig is on, Com 1. Now I cannot
send<br>
CW. Why is that? I am using Window98. If I cannot send CW using a Com
port<br>
I use COM2 for CW and COM 3 for radio control. It works better that way
for me. COM2 also controls my PTT.<br>
It may be hard ot use the radio port as the radio may need to use the DTR
or DSR for tis own use and conflict with use for W.<br>
I am not saying it is not possible, just that I find it better to isolate
these functions.<br><br>
Also, be sure to set PC sends CW.<br><br>
from a Com port?<br>
Thanks<br><br>