[WriteLog] "No Rig!" and no F Keys Bug

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "No Rig!" and no F Keys Bug
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:01:04 -0600
--=====================_84442321==_.ALT

At 19:20 11/25/2001, Barry N1EU wrote:
>In a revisitation of my gremlins from CQ WW SSB, I lost F Key memory
>keying eight times during CQ WW CW.  At the same time, the frequency/mode
>button to the left of the log entry window displayed "No Rig!" and the
>indicator light on my rig stopped flashing.  HOWEVER, I could still set
>frequency by clicking on packet spots and logging of correct frequency
>still occurred!  A real head scratcher . . .
>
>I couldn't really correlate the onset of this problem with any specific
>event.  In fact, once it happened in the few seconds between playing two f
>keys.
>
>I could not restore memory keying without exiting and restarting WL.  And
>yes, lose all the packet spots (ARGHHHHH).

Yes, it would be nice if they were saved, wopuldn't it. On the other hand
DXTELNET brigns in so many that it does not really amtter that much.

>Oh well.  Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and the turn around in the
>propagation Sunday!

Hurray for that. The propagation was the worst I have seen in a long time
for a contest on Saturday!

Again I am VERY happy that I registered WriteLog. I have no regret of
letting my TRLOG subscription lapse. That does not mean things could not be
better, but they are very good.

>73,
>Barry  N1EU
>
>P.S. - A completely unrelated comment - it would be nice if "Alt - W"
>(clear entry) would place the cursor focus back in the entry window

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_84442321==_.ALT

At 19:20 11/25/2001, Barry N1EU wrote:<br>
from CQ WW SSB, I lost F Key memory keying eight times during CQ WW
CW.&nbsp; At the same time, the frequency/mode button to the left of the
log entry window displayed &quot;No Rig!&quot; and the indicator light on
my rig stopped flashing.&nbsp; HOWEVER, I could still set frequency by
clicking on packet spots and logging of correct frequency still
occurred!&nbsp; A real head scratcher . . .<br><br>
I couldn't really correlate the onset of this problem with any specific
event.&nbsp; In fact, once it happened in the few seconds between playing
two f keys.<br><br>
I could not restore memory keying without exiting and restarting
WL.&nbsp; And yes, lose all the packet spots (ARGHHHHH).<br>
Yes, it would be nice if they were saved, wopuldn't it. On the other hand
DXTELNET brigns in so many that it does not really amtter that
much.<br><br>
enjoyed the weekend and the turn around in the propagation
Sunday!</blockquote><br>
Hurray for that. The propagation was the worst I have seen in a long time
for a contest on Saturday!<br><br>
Again I am VERY happy that I registered WriteLog. I have no regret of
letting my TRLOG subscription lapse. That does not mean things could not
be better, but they are very good.<br><br>
Barry&nbsp; N1EU<br><br>
P.S. - A completely unrelated comment - it would be nice if &quot;Alt -
W&quot; (clear entry) would place the cursor focus back in the entry
window<br><br>