[WriteLog] How to edit "OPERATOR" column?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How to edit "OPERATOR" column?
From: n1au@rcn.com (William F. Santelmann, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:55:22 -0500
At N1AU, we used WriteLog 10.27G for the CQWW CW contest, and it worked very
well. But we did have a lockup or two that lost no data but cleared the operator
list each time. Now we have found that the OPERATOR column in the log is blank
in places following recovery from these lockups.

So how does one edit the OPERATOR fields in the log to add the operator call
signs? Using the log edit tool does not seem to work well, as it trashes the CM
and ZM data to the left. Yes, I'm editing a copy of the log so I've lost nothing
yet... Seems to me that I have edited this way before, but I sure can't remember
how now!

73,  Bill   N1AU