[WriteLog] Curious?? (long)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Curious?? (long)
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:54:59 -0500
Someone said:

> TRLOG does not decode CW, probably a plus. That is useless in a contest,
ask
> any serious contester

Admittedly, I'm not a "CW contester", but I don't see how that feature can
be 'useless', especially if you have the monitor real estate for the window.
After hundreds of Q's, noone can dupe and mult check everything in their
head - that means typing the callsign somewhere for a check (doesn't it?).
Wl can dupe and mult check it probably before you decode the last character
of the call in your head, much less the time you take typing it in for the
check.  If you are running and using the Rttyrite window to decode, I don't
see how it could be any faster with ANYTHING - You have you finger poised on
the F-key or mouse and hit it as soon as the last TU or whatever is sent.
Some start sending the QRZ msg even before the other guy's TU or BK has
finished - It's impossible to be any faster than this unless you're the type
that logs the zone before you even hear it.

Typing is an antiquated way to enter information!  ;-)  73