[Re: AW: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Re: AW: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:03:48 -0000
Absolutely! Sometimes these things defy logical ( no pun intended!)
explanation, and one can only describe the "feel" of things. This is where a
dyed in the wool CW operator can influence the design of a keyer, which
otherwise, and to the design engineer, seems a simple straightforward task.
With respect to Wayne ( very much the same for N1MM in his excellent  emerging
prog.), he probably doesn't appreciate the subtle nuances of design from the
operator's pov.

Of course I ( and other WL users for the most part), am stuck with what we've
got for the present, but let's hope we might exert  an influence on future
design. Tom/N1MM does a first class job in listening to his users, hope the
same will be true for WL. For the present I have taken the easy way out, and
ordered a new Bencher single lever paddle to replace my ageing Vibro device.

73

Clive

 Duane Calvin wrote:
> Maybe what you are describing is what I used to call a lack of "forgiveness"
> in certain keyers.  One particular MFJ that I had made me think I had
> forgotten how to send with a paddle.  Turns out, when I switched over to one
> of the Logikey's (Idiom Press) I never had the problem again.  Now I have two
> Logikeys.  For my sending style (I grew up with straight keys and bugs) there
> are just some keyers which will not work for me due to the timing they expect
> on the paddle(s).  With the Logikey's for sure (maybe some others) I never
> have a problem.

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org
Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org