[WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]
From: gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:25:46 -0500
Iambic keying, like Windows, is one of today's de-facto standards.

Rather than making his keyer backwards-compatible with techniques
of the past, my vote is for Wayne to spend his time working on
enhanced features for Writelog. (Like LPT port support for higher
versions of Windows so I can upgrade and still use my custom SO2R
interface box!)

We old dogs can learn new tricks. I was licensed in 1961, never
had a bug, but built a single-paddle keyer in 1970. I discovered dot
memory and dual paddles around 1980 and thought I was in CW
heaven. Taking on iambic keying in 1985 was less fun, and I still
don't use full iambic capability. But I can go to a M/S, M/M, or
Field Day, grab anyone's paddle and send CW -- that's the value
of standardization.

73, Gary
K9AY