[WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control]
From: rich@w3zj.com (Richard B. Drake)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:54:21 -0500
It's a matter of feel and what you get used to. I first started using iambic
keying back in the mid 1970's. At first I practiced with a local oscillator
for hours on end sending groups of iambic characters, the alphabet and "The
Quick Brown Fox..." over and over again thousands of times until it became
natural. Now it is natural and I'm pretty sure I do use dot/dash memories.
For example when I send the letter "K", I press the dash side and hold it,
then tap the dot side any time after the first dash starts and continue to
hold down the dash side until the second dash starts. Out comes a "K" and I
have almost assuredly used the dot memory. I could detail the action for
each and every character but you guys would get bored. It's not hard to
figure out it just takes time and practice to train yourself to do it
without thinking about it. Today I use Iambic B, whatever that is, just
don't change it on me or I'll have to retrain myself all over again - Hi Hi

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ