[WriteLog] Thoughts After ARRL 10m Contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Thoughts After ARRL 10m Contest
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:45:00 -0500
I'm by no means a power user of WriteLog (you've seen my scores,
haven't you!), but I did find some quirks worth mentioning after 3-4
years of using the software.

- It would be nice to add an offset to the rotor configuration.  My
rotor is off 15-20 degrees and only when I manually moved it did I
remember!

- The shortcut to controlling the rotor appears to be broken.  I've
previously mentioned it to this email group. It would be nice to have a
'radio button or to be able to assign an F-key to this function. Could
this already be hidden in the *.ini file?

- With the Omni 6+, if VOX is on when in CW mode, the radio won't
key.  I presume the radio driver or configuration needs to be changed.

- That the "accelerator keys" are the same for CW and SSB is a
pain.  If I didn't UNclick "Enter sends exch/QRZ" when I went to phone
(where I wasn't using the memories or SB keyer (another time for
that!), when I pressed enter the rig went to transmit, in this case
nothing came out.  Setting and resetting this box for each mode change
is a pain.

- Statistics: Is there any way to get additional statistics?  States
and DX separately (for this contest), for example.

No crashes, no other blips...

73, Eric W3DQ