[WriteLog] Serial Card info

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Card info
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:39:34 -0500
I replaced a Belkin USB serial port with a Byte Runner 2 port PCI-220H.
The card installed with no problems and works with W/L and Logic5.

The USB port worked OK, but generated hash in the RX's and was susceptible
to RFI on 40 and 80M running Hi-power.  All types of chokes were tried.  I
think that the plastic case was the culprit.

Previous attempts to install a SIIG PCI card in this Dell 4100 box (WinMe)
were unsuccessful.

Thanks to all who provided me with input on the Byte Runner cards.
73, Jim