[WriteLog] PTT CW on 1000MP?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT CW on 1000MP?
From: n1eu@n1eu.com (N1EU)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:09:55 -0800 (PST)
I'd appreciate help getting PTT cw working with a
1000MP.  I ran across this February message from Jon
K1US about sending cw to two radios:

"It turns out that, at least with Kenwoods, no relays
are needed if WL is configured for CWPTT via rig
control.  Found that if I put both rigs into their
Manual CW configuration by turning off their
semi-break-in VOX switches, and select CW PTT on Comm
option under Ports, CWPTT, that in WL the correct rig
PTT for either window goes on and the keying line does
its stuff on that rig, then releases. What a neat
trick!"

Up until now I've always used bk-in cw or command port
PTT ssb successfully.  When I try command port PTT cw,
the MP "transmit" indicator flashes briefly and stays
off as I hear the cw message played by the rig's
sidetone.  Under "CW PTT" I've checked "Command rig on
COM port".  I would expect to see "transmit" asserted
by WL throughout the cw message, which is what happens
with ssb messages.  Any suggestions greatly
appreciated.

Tnx much & happy holidays to all,
Barry  N1EU