[WriteLog] PTT CW on 1000MP?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT CW on 1000MP?
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:33:14 -0500
Jerry, I've since learned that this is a "bug" with the 1000MP and 1000D.
As I said in one of my posts, you can simply unplug the key line and you
will see that WriteLog is correctly asserting PTT/xmit via the CAT port
throughout the entire cw message.

I might be mistaken, but it appears to be impossible to use CAT port PTT to
control xmit keying on one or two FT1000D/MP's.  A separate PTT line to each
radio or LPT1 A/B relay switching with break-in is necessary.

BTW, the N1MM logger program shows the exact same behavior as WL in this
regard.

73 & Happy Holidays,
Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg