[WriteLog] Serial Port CW - Choppy CW?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Port CW - Choppy CW?
From: gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:31:20 -0500
What  choppy CW?

The only thing I have ever seen is an occasional hesitation in
starting a message, usually coinciding with a SAVE operation
(I have an unconscious habit of hitting CTRL-S often).

WL sends FB CW with two different machines, both Win98se:
1) a 266MHz  PIII-MMX with 256Mb RAM and nothing else
running except maybe a grayline program; and
2) a Compaq latop with 400MHz Celeron, 64 Mb RAM and lots
of factory-installed crap. I saw more "hesitation" with this machine
until I remembered to turn off the power-management functions.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
73, Gary
K9AY