[WriteLog] mouse_wheel_hz and writelog.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] mouse_wheel_hz and writelog.ini
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 21:54:03 -0000
Further to the recent revelation by K5ZD about the ability to
tune the rig from the mouse wheel( thanks again Randy), I
acquired such a rodent and did use it a little. However imo it
is only useful for the sort of emergency situations that Randy
exemplified.

I still miss the ability to tune from the left/right shift keys
in TR, and wanted to find something better. The best I could do,
is the new MS Office keyboard which has a built in scroll wheel,
which is quite tactile. I find that the best compromise scroll
rate is 100Hz per "increment", but it would be really nice to
have a switchable scroll rates for differing situations.

Therefore my question is, might there be a way to have different
writelog.ini files, and switch between them, possibly with a hot
key. Such a technique is often used in DOS progs, to allow for
the different preferences of operators. Clearly things are more
difficult in Windoze, but I speculate......?

Incidentally the said keyboard has a nice little  rocker bar to
allow rapid application switching from the task bar instead of
Alt tabbing around. This is nice for e.g. bringing up geoclock.
There are also hot keys for bringing up the calculator and the
calendar which are nice touches.

If it helps in the above writelog.ini quest, it is also possible
to reprogramme the hot keys to launch programmes. Perhaps the
combination of this facility to launch a small .exe file which
in turn would automatically read in an alternative writelog.ini
file might be possible?

73

Clive
GW3NJW