[WriteLog] Transistor interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Transistor interface
From: mowery@shianet.org (Mark and Beth Mowery)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:14:23 -0500
I've seen some mention of a transistor interface for running MMTTY in FSK
mode on a COM port.  Tried to do this in the RTTY RU with my TS2000,  but
this radio takes FSK input on an accessory (DIN) connector, not the COM
port.

I do have a simple CW interface (1 transistor, 1 resistor) built into a DB9
that I use on my radio's rig control COM port.  In my case,  I had to bring
the appropriate wires out of the DB9 connector at the radio end and put the
right connector on it to plug into the radio's key jack, as the pins used
for CW have no internal connection in the radio at the COM port.

So here's the question, finally.  Would this same setup work for FSK, if I
had the correct DIN connector on the radio end rather than the 1/8 plug used
for CW?   Hallelujah!  Can it really be that simple????

Mark AA8TC
http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=aa8tc