[WriteLog] Transistor interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Transistor interface
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:14:50 -0500
I have 2 transistor interfaces like you describe built into a box with
stereo 1/8 inch jacks on the input and output side of each.  Sometimes I use
them for PTT/FSK and sometimes for PTT/CW, giving me some flexibility.

For PTT/FSK, the wires come from the RTS and TxD pins of the computer's com
port and go to the appropriate connectors on the rig.  For PTT/CW, the wires
come from RTS and DTR, respectively and go to the appropriate rig connectors
for the desired function.

For a multi-2 RTTY op, I use one interface for each station to handle
PTT/FSK.

The rest of the time I have one of the interfaces hooked to a com port for
PTT/FSK for RTTY and the other one hooked to another com port for PTT/CW.
That way I'm ready for anything!  HI

I don't know anything about the TS2000 - It surely has some sort of ACC
connectors for PTT and FSK?  I don't see why you should have to get into
taking cables off the CAT connector - leave that for rig control
(read/change freq +/- PTT).  In general though, you can certainly use a
transistor switch to do PTT, FSK, and/or CW.