[WriteLog] Request for additional small feature

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Request for additional small feature
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:32:26 +0000
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:36:47 -0600 Jim Rhodes <rhodes@evertek.net>
writes:
> Check out the "Special Message Accelerator Keys" in the WriteLog help
> file.
> You can program the enter key to do this. Why would you want yet
> another
> key to remember.

So I turn on "Enter sends exch/QRZ" in the Entry Window,
and I put 599 AZ in F3 (or one can change the
"QrzFunctionKey" in WRITELOG.INI).

Then, for the CQ mode, the normal RTTY sequence is:
1. Press INSERT to send HISCALL and My CQ Exchange
2. Type or mouse-click his exchange info into the Entry Window.
2. Press PLUS, which sends TU QRZ DE K6LL and logs the QSO.

In the S&P mode, the normal RTTY sequence becomes:
1. Mouse-click the green or yellow callsign.
2. Press the MYCALL F-key.
3. Type or mouse-click his exchange info into the Entry Window.
4. Press ENTER, which sends K6LL AZ, and logs the QSO.

I like it. I'll try it in the next contest. Thank you very much.

I will also explore Macro Express, suggested by a couple of
people. It sounds like it has the potential to expedite some
tedious so2r routine keystrokes.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com