[WriteLog] CW Decoder

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Decoder
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:01:55 -0500
The CW decoder is pretty slick, too. You have two decoders - try the one in
the rttyrite window first.

Set TU-Type to afsk, then set Mode to cw. Tune in a machine-sent signal
running at 25 - 35 WPM (It will not work with slow signals). Use the CW
decoder visual display.

Make sure the decoder freq is set to the freq of your CW tones coming from
your rig  - maybe 700 (near the "Rx" button in the CW decoder window).

Watch the signal peak (green line) and move it to the center line  by
tuning rig to make sure the signal is positioned correctly.

Lower the upper limit code speed to about 40 if necessary. Lower can be 20.
(See buttons at bottom of the CW decoder window).

You should see decoded CW show up on the rtyrite screen unless I left
something out.

To set up to send CW, read up on the ports setup procedure.

You can read up on using the other decoder later.

Jerry W4UK