[WriteLog] Writelog Wish List

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog Wish List
From: jtolbert@gremlan.org (Jamie WW3S)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:50:06 -0500
> Needed Multipliers
>
> In contesting this may be one of the most important tools needed for a
good
> score.  Writelog currently by requiring you to open a new window severely
> limits this process.  Either the current multiplier window needs to be
able
> to be resized or better yet we need to have a pop up window so that when
you
> work a station and that MULTIPLIER is needed on another band there is some
> indication.  And still better would be a window WITHIN the main program
that
> would show all of the multipliers either worked or needed.  This would
have
> an added advantage of giving the acceptable syntax for the mult.

WW3S: Agreed, but if you have the check call window open, that indicates if
the mult is needed on another band
             albeit in a round about way; if the window says OK you don't
need it on that band. No OK you need it...

> A renewed request to have the .ini file reside in the current writelog
> directory instead of in Windows.

WW3S: put a shortcut on the desktop to the file; you can open it at any time
and then save it. Don't worry anout restarting writelog; just save the file
and the new parameters in the ini file will be in affect

> Still had problems with Alaska.  Worked them and the mult was scored in
the
> log but did not indicate so in the multiplier window.

WW3S: Get 10.30b from the website. That fixed it for me

> Lastly Santa, I would like to see the master.dta file capabilities
expanded
> so that it could contain and display additional information such as name,
> qth, check, etc.

Until everybody decides to be one of 15 variations of "Derrick".....:)

73 Jamie WW3S