[WriteLog] Computer hardware question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Computer hardware question
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:28:46 -0500
> From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
> [mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Dave Hachadorian
>
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:07:59 -0500 "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
> writes:
>
> > upgrade to a dual monitor video card
> > (the previous generation of dual monitor NVIDA or Matrox
> > boards can be found for very attractive prices these days).
>
> This is the second recent reference I have seen to dual monitor
> output. What advantage does this provide please? Thanks.

It offers more screen "real estate" and provides many interesting
arrangements of information on the screen.  For example, one can
put less often used windows (telnet, spots, multipliers, etc.)
on a smaller secondary window ... or put RTTY windows for two
rigs on different screens ... etc.

With my "office" machine I often work on the main screen and keep
something like DXbase running in the smaller screen,  pop open
a utility program (Explorer, IE, Word, etc.) on the second screen
when I'm looking up information or open a sound card based digital
program on a secondary screen to work something quickly without
interrupting my main task.