[WriteLog] Rig Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Setup
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 15:31:16 -0500
> CW works fine over COM2 - the rig control cable has taken
> COM4. On "Setup Ports" it has accepted both....there's all
> kinds of stuff listed
> in the ini file for both ports...BUT...

COM2 andd COM4 use the same IRQ on most older computers - You might not
be able to use it that way.  Can you try moving the rig control or CW to
COM1 or 3?

> I can't get the computer to control the frequency/mode/etc on
> my IC-706.  (It is set according to numerous posts I've seen
> to make sure that
> the radio is properly configured for the control cable.)

Make sure you have the IC-706 address set to 48H, no matter which model
you have - There are at least 3 different IC-706s, and each has a
different default hex address.  Writelog expects the 706 at 48H - That
has to be set in the rig menu.  GL