[[WriteLog] 765 mark tone adjustment?]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [[WriteLog] 765 mark tone adjustment?]
From: ac5aa@usa.net (Duane Calvin)
Date: 12 Feb 2002 08:50:07 CST
I don't know what you're using for a TNC, but since you're running FSK, it
could be that your TNC is not set to the correct frequency pair on receive
that match the transmit mark/space freqs.  This is a LOT easier than trying to
play with the FSK offsets on the rig.  Find someone using K6STI's software who
can tell you how far you're offset, make a first pass at changing them in the
software setup, and then recheck.  This should get you rignt on freq.

   73, Duane

KG8DH@aol.com wrote:
Alright folks, anyone have any idea where the mark frequency can be adjusted
on the 765.  Don, AA5AU, suggested that I adjust it as my transmit frequency
and receive frequency vary about 100 hz in tone, and in operating this past
weekend, I had several contacts have to move to decode my signal.  Not a good

thing!  I looked through my owners manual, and I can't find one word about
adjusting the tone.  If anyone has an idea where this is at, I would
appreciate it.
Thanks
Geary
KG8DH