[WriteLog] RITTY with Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RITTY with Writelog
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:19:25 +0000
I noticed the comments below by W7TI on the 3830 Reflector,
and thought I would cross them over to Writelog for discussion.

I used MMTTY in WL during the contest (K7ABC), and noticed
a similar delay in recognizing calls in a situation where copy was
difficult. I thought it was due to Writelog searching the
database and log files to match up calls on my relatively
slow computer. There were also some instances where a
clearly recognizable callsign, preceded by a DE, were not
highlighted, or took a couple of seconds to highlight.

Anybody notice similar happenings, and is this normal, or do
I need a faster computer? I also noticed some hints in the
MMTTY help files to reduce computer loading, but didn't have
time to try them. Do they help?

I thought MMTTY was a significant improvement over WL's native
decoder, but there were still some circumstances, backscatter
in particular, where it just would not copy, even though the signal
was loud. I wonder how RITTY stacks up against MMTTY?

Thanks.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com