[WriteLog] Sound Blaster "Extigy" External Sound Processor

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Blaster "Extigy" External Sound Processor
From: don.wsixffh@verizon.net (Donald Eriksen)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:31:00 -0800
I just saw an ad for a new external sound processor called "Extigy" by
Creative Labs: http://www.creative.com

It connects to a USB port and is primarily for PC or notebook to Digital 5.1
surround sound output. I looked at the specs on the web-site and it sure
looks like it could be an answer especially for notebook users looking for
another sound device! According to the specs, it appears to be duplex, has
optical and MIDI, in/out, Line In, Mic In, Headphone Out, and of course 5
speaker outputs. It's in a nice looking cabinet, takes 12V DC in, and the
nice thing in my opinion, it has Master Volume and Mic gain CONTROLS.

I have no idea what kind of problems there will be using USB with Writelog,
but at $150 US, I'd sure be tempted to try it if I didn't already have two
sound devices in my computer (I use simultaneous receive with MMTTY and
RITTY now).

Anyone want to be a beta tester? The ad I saw was at Circuit City, which I
rarely, if ever use, but check out the Creative site for availability.

Don W6FFH
don.wsixffh@verizon.net