[WriteLog] AA5AU RTTY File Update 2/17/02

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU RTTY File Update 2/17/02
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:41:07 -0600
A huge thanks to Ed, K4SB, for going through the AA5AU
RTTY file and eliminating busted, bad & old USA/VE calls
by creating a program to work with the latest Buckmaster database.

This process eliminated 1341 USA/VE calls.  Unfortunately, it also eliminated
callsigns such as KI6DY/0 & W2JGR/0 when USA stations are required
to sign portable in some RTTY contests when not operating in the designated
call area (such as the upcoming BARTG).  This is because in some
RTTY contests, USA.VE call areas are multipliers.

I hope to add these calls back in eventually along with more calls from
WPX RTTY.  At present there are 19,530 calls in the database.  DX calls
were unaffected.

You can download the file from www.geocities.com/writelog.  The file is in
.dta form for use with WriteLog's Super Check Partial utility.  The file you
download will be a zip file, so you must unzip it first, then put it into your
c:\ham\program folder for use with WriteLog.

If you do not find your call in the database, or you live in a USA district
other than the one specified by your call, let me know by replying to this
E-mail and I will add your call or portable call to the database.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog