[WriteLog] Write Log - FRIEND.INI file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Write Log - FRIEND.INI file
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:35:10 -0800
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:40:07 -0600, Bob Helms wrote:

>All
>the text AFTER the equal sign will be available for your greeting.

Also, if you want to send "HI WAYNE" instead of just "WAYNE", you can do
a search and replace function on the .ini file.

Search for "=" and replace with "=HI " (note the space).  I like this
better than embedding the "HI" in my buffers, because it will be sent
only if the call is present in the .ini file.

I don't recall if Microsoft Notepad has the capability to do a mass
replacement - I don't use it any more.  NoteTab (a free replacement)
does and is available from www.notetab.com.  NoteTab will also save the
file in pure ASCII, as it should.

73, Bill W7TI