[WriteLog] WL 10.30B Comments - stuttering, Enter key, packet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL 10.30B Comments - stuttering, Enter key, packet
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:21:31 -0000
Hi Barry,

Just a suggestion. Try adding 50ms of time to the PTT delay. Go to Ports,
lower right corner select 'CW PTT...' and then at the bottom of that dialog
window put in 50 where it says 'PTT to CW delay.' I've had a situation where
we, on a serial port but not a parallel port, had stuttering and this tiny
delay fixed it up just fine. I'd be curious if this fixed what you are
describing in parallel keying.

And, as far as the /BUST phenomenon, I think you can go crazy on that one.
GIGO all over again! If you use DXtelnet, you can reject spots that contain
'X' words. If you use that, I'd try it there. I do hate all that crap coming
up on the packet window; I know people do it because they are trying to be
helpful. They think they are helping people out when all they are doing is
overloading thousands of contesters packet windows with useless stuff. We're
supposed to copy the call and if people bust it and put in their log, they
get penalized well. As they should.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

I hope everyone enjoyed the incredible condx this weekend!  A few
post-contest comments:

1. LPT1 cw stuttering is still a major problem (INI entry made).  I'd
appreciate hearing from any contesters who spent 5+ hours running and didn't
notice stuttering.  I honestly didn't notice much improvement over previous
WL revs.  I can't help but wonder if there is an underlying WL event that is
causing the stuttering, such as processing a new spotted multiplier.  Maybe
the guys who are operating unassisted don't see the stuttering?