[WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:55:07 -0800 (PST)
Some of us are having problems when using Writelog (10.30) and MMTTY (1.62)
together.  Sometimes there is a long pause of PTT/no diddle (several seconds)
before characters are sent.

I have noticed this same problem with MMTTY 1.62 stand-alone.  It's especially
acute with all the PW0T and TI9M RTTY operation going on (I worked TI9M this
morning on 40m for my *6th* band RTTY).

Can it be RF?  Possibly, but have seen the problem at the both the 100W level
and the KW level, no correlation, it's infrequent and sporadic.  I also see a
key-up problem where MMTTY finishes sending the text but doesn't release PTT.
Hitting F9 usually releases the PTT.

Running PIII 933 MHz, WinXP Pro, lots of RAM, FSK to key the IC756.

I never saw these kinds of lockup problems running K6STI RITTY on a Pentium 233
MMX running Windows 95.

I understand we're talking about different software and different hardware.
Like comparing apples with grapefruit.  However, it's my gut feeling that
there's some timing problem in the software on the start and end of
transmission.  Sometimes you hit it, but most of the time you don't.

Any other correlating data?

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com