[WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY/Writelog pauses
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:37:09 -0000
Hi Jim and the group,

Well, as a new boy with Writelog, I have to say that I have not noticed any
such problems at all.

I was one of the original ops to use MMTTY before it had any English
language help, and have used it since then without noticing any problems.

My shack PC is an old P200MMX with 64MB RAM, 3.5GB HDD, and two monitors,
and it works well on that both as a standalone, and with WL.
I have had some minor problems when running WF1B with MMTTY on the same PC
via a null-modem cable, but only in as far as there can be a slight delay in
response time to key-presses. However, that is probably nothing more than a
delay in getting a DOS program to talk to a Windows program, and I was able
to live with that.

The one difference I can possibly see is that I use VOX to control PTT, and
always have done, simply because of a lack of COM ports (I have 4 in use!).

Also, the fact that you say hitting F9 stops the Tx makes me wonder! I only
use F9 if I am typing freehand at the keys, as in a ragchew. When working
DX, I use the macros only, and F9 wouldn't stop them anyway.

Just a few thoughts for you to chew on!

73 de Phil GU0SUP