[WriteLog] Finding QSOs in a large log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Finding QSOs in a large log
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:59:25 -0000
Jim,

The Edit > GoToQSO command works fine once you type in a callsign in the
Entry window.  Once you've found what you're looking for, just punch F11 to
clear the call out of the window, or just type in another call to search
for.    You're done!

WL works quite adequately as a general logger, at least for my limited
purposes.  Using it this way sure gives valuable practice for contest
operating.   Recently I've also been using YPLog by VE6YP for DXCC tracking
and casual CW / RTTY.  It is so good I registered it and now keep duplicate
logs in WL and YPLog.  That strategy saved me after a recent hard disk
crash. The download of a nicely functional demo version is at
http://members.shaw.ca/ve6yp/ .   (I have no commercial interest, just
appreciate the merits of both kinds of software. )

73,   Jon     K1US