[WriteLog] DXP38

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DXP38
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:54:29 -0000
I am struggling to get my Hal DXP38 to work with WL or anything else for
that matter.  It worked last time I used it on Tristan da Cunha but I can't
seem to get it to talk to my computer now.

I have it connected with a straight through 9 way cable to my com 1 port on
my PC but I can't get the thing to talk.  Best I get is an @ sign when I
turn the DXP38 on.

I have tried various com speeds to no effect.  The DXP38 manual says it
works at 9600 baud no parity and 1 stop bit so that's how I set up com 1.
Still nothing better than an @ sign when I switch on the DXP38.

I am scratching my head wondering whether I am overlooking something obvious
or whether somehow I have zapped the i/f in the DXP38.

Words of wisdom and advice appreciated!

Thanks.

73

Bob 5B4AGN