[WriteLog] SO2R radio control help? -SOLVED!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R radio control help? -SOLVED!
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:20:51 -0500
Actually, this IS on the K9JY web site! Under Universal Setup, Ports section
it notes:

"Following this process will sometimes still not provide you with Rig
Control. If this is the case, click 'Bands' on the Toolbar and select 'Set
Frequency & Mode...'. Doing so will produce the following dialog box:

(Picture of the actual screen shot mentioned below)

Note at the bottom where it says 'Log the frequency of QSO's.' The drop down
menu needs to match the Com port you selected in the Port dialog box. If you
have selected a Com port and see 'Manual entry' in this field, changing it
will fix the problem."

I need to modify this because you can get to same dialog box by clicking on
Log Entry Window's frequency button as George notes. Either works. But, the
key is that you need to match Comm ports in the Ports dialog and the
Logging/Duping window to enable rig control.

The Universal Setup section is a really good section to know and follow
(IMHO) to be successful with WriteLog for both new users and experienced
users.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com