[WriteLog] CW serial interface, XP and WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW serial interface, XP and WriteLog
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:09:48 -0000
Yes, and nothing special was needed for use with XP, using one transistor
and a resistor.  Keying is clean and smooth up to abt 42 wpm, (my max. speed
for now.)    I have tried this on the main board ports first, then also on
ports added with a PCI card from SIIG.  Just fine either way.  Have two
Kenwood rigs in parallel on a single keying line.  WL shifts from L to R and
does PTT via the rig control ports.  No relays needed.

This has been used on two different XP machines, all performing the same.

73,   Jon         K1US