[WriteLog] Contest module for Field Day

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Contest module for Field Day
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:16:12 -0500
Field Day is interesting. I've looked over the rules and see only two
changes. First, the GOTA station replaces the Novice station. There is
nothing in the contest module (i.e., logging) section that needs to be
changed in WriteLog. What does need changing is in the Summary Sheet
submitted to the ARRL, the GOTA station bonus points for 400 contacts needs
to replace the Novice bonus points. You can change this manually in the file
if you need to, but it would be better with a change in the program.

The second change is the encouragement of other countries in Field Day. But
carefully note that the ARRL gives them no points for a contact nor do they
add any multipliers for those countries. So encouragement doesn't change the
logging program as WriteLog currently accounts for DX contacts with the
callsign and 'DX' as the section location.

The point scoring for 1D stations is a problem, as pointed out previously on
the reflector. Am I missing anything else? I don't think these are killers,
but it would be nice if they were fixed.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

        Are we going to see a contest module for Filed Day?