[WriteLog] Bandmap loading and SO2R

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmap loading and SO2R
From: nr1dx@arrl.net (Dave)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:12:47 +0000
Here is what I want to do:

CW contest, running Single  OP with 2 radios, Unassited (i.e. no packet)

While calling CQ on RADIO-ONE, I tune around on another band with RADIO-TWO,

As  I hear stations on RADIO-TWO , I want to "load" them into the  Bandmap
, so I can come back and pick them off at my leisure. for the band that
RADIO 2 is ON. The only way I have found so far to do this is  to click the
<FILE> tab on the BANDMAP for RADIO-TWO and enter both the CALL and the
FREQUENCY manually. There has to be a better way. This an awful lot of
typing to put a station on the bandmap without disrupting the CQ on the RUN
radio

I tried to <SHIFT><ARROW-DOWN>, which allows me to enter the call into the
exchange window for RADIO-TWO with out disrupting the CQ on RADIO-ONE, but
if I try to right click on the call in the entry window for RADIO-TWO to
automatically load the call and the frequency to the Bandmap, it stops the
CQ on RADIO-ONE.and moves the focus to RADIO-TWO

Like wise once I have a group of stations loaded in RADIO-TWOs bandmap it
would be nice to be able to QSY RADIO-TWO and load the call sign into the
entry window by "one" click on the callsign in the bandmap WITHOUT stopping
the CQ on RADIO-ONE.

Last weekend in the WPX was my first real contest with the software, as a
relative new user to wWritelog SO2R , what did I miss here????

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain