[WriteLog] CW problems and the Swap file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW problems and the Swap file
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 05:17:47 -0400
At 11:35 PM 5/30/2002 -0400, K4IA@aol.com wrote:

>In Windows XP, click Start, right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
>Click the Advanced tab. In the Performance box, click Settings. Choose the
>Performance Options box's Advanced tab, and in the 'Virtual memory' box,
>click Change. Select Custom size and enter 384 for both the initial size and
>the maximum size. Choose Set, and then click OK three times.

Don't believe everything you read.

Click on the box that says "Let Windows manage swap file settings".

I believe the defaults are (minimum) 1.5x your RAM and (maximum) 3x your
RAM.  For example, if you have 512MB installed, your swap file will be
sized (minimum) 768MB and (maximum) 1536MB.

There is very little reason for a user to play around with these
settings.  Writelog is NOT a resource hog.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com