[WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:02:00 -0700
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:45:31 -0000, Barry  wrote:

>My second station computer died, so I'm planning to replace it. As all
>the new systems now are PCI only, I'm looking for recommendations for
>a 4 COM port PCI card that shares 1 IRQ.

I can't answer about sharing one IRQ, but if you're running WinXP or
might run it in the future, be sure to get an XP compatible card.  Not
all of them are, as I found out the hard way.  :-)

Now that I have XP running ok I love it, but there are a multitude of
incompatibilities with older hardware and software.  The Microsoft web
site has an interactive compatibility checker which is pretty accurate,
but not 100%.

Bill, W7TI