[WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards
From: Ron Stordahl" <ronald.stordahl@digikey.com (Ron Stordahl)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:25:02 -0500
When I installed the  Byterunner card in a new Windows XP system it did warn
me that the driver was not approved or certified or something like that, but
I went ahead anyway and it works just fine.  I asked the guy at Byterunner
about this and he said that it is very costly for them to get certified and
so had not as yet been willing to spend the money.  Sounds like they have to
have it certified by an independent testing lab.  It would be more
satisfying if they had done so but that was his explanation.

Maybe SIIG has spent the cash to do this?  Anyone installed one of them on
XP would know as they wouldn't get a warning message if it had been
certified.

Ron N5IN