[WriteLog] RIGblaster + FT1000MP + Writelog +PSK31/RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RIGblaster + FT1000MP + Writelog +PSK31/RTTY
From: James R. Kauten, MD, W4TE" <w4te@mindspring.com (James R. Kauten, MD, W4TE)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:28:16 -0400
Question pertaining to the following setup:

Yaesu FT1000MP
WriteLog v10.32
RIGblaster
RTTY--in WriteLog: use MMTTY or Sound Board AFSK
PSK31--in WriteLog: use BPSK--plus Sound Board AFSK

I have scoured websites covering the above subjects and have not been =
able to find the answer.

For RTTY:  I use the FT1000MP + WriteLog + RTTY + RIGblaster as follows:

FT1000MP set to LSB (not RTTY + LSB*)
WriteLog set to:  "LSB is really FSK" (in Bands menu)
RTTY sends, receives, and logs as FSK appropriately

For PSK31: =20

FT1000MP set to USB (not RTTY + USB*)
Unable to set mode in WriteLog as "USB is really FSK"
Can receive appropriately but cannot send presumably because mode =
setting in WriteLog is not FSK but USB instead.

*Note:  Regarding the FT1000MP-when RTTY or PKT is depressed, mic audio =
is muted.  RIGblaster sends signal to radio via the microphone input.

In summary:=20

I can use RTTY appropriately.=20

I cannot use PSK31 because the program will not transmit when the =
WriteLog mode is USB.  If
the WriteLog mode is set to FSK, the radio will not transmit because it =
is set to the RTTY/USB setting=20
and the microphone input is muted.

I am sure there is a way around this.  If WriteLog had a setting:  "USB =
is really FSK" just like it has for LSB it would work well with the =
RIGblaster.

Another issue is how to work around the mode settings in DX4WIN without =
the radio being set to RTTY/LSB to get the correct mode in the log.

73,

Please send solution.

Jim Kauten, MD, W4TE

James R. Kauten, MD, W4TE

w4te@kauten.com
w4te@mindspring.com

DXCC=20
ARRL Life Member
AMSAT Life Member
INDEXA Life Member
Southeastern DX Club President (SEDXC)
South East Contest Club Member (SECC)
Buckhead Contest Club Life Member

This email was powered by MDaemon and scanned by AntiVirus Plug-in for =
MDaemon.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---