Here's how? [WriteLog] Now how do I do this?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Here's how? [WriteLog] Now how do I do this?
From: wa9als@starband.net (wa9als)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:17:17 -0500
OK, it was appropriately pointed out to me that the originator of the
question had the following needs:

"2 radios, rotator and packet = 4 COM
ports, none left for CW keying!"

To which I respond, can't he use the same port for rig control and CW and
thus he won't need a 5th port?

>From the WL HELP files:
===
COMM port CW
When configured for "PC Generates" CW on a COMM port, WriteLog sends CW on
the DTR line of the COMM port.

WriteLog also puts the PTT signal on the RTS line of the same comm port.
WriteLog allows you to use the same COMM port for both CW and for rig
control, but you will have to build your own Y cable that sends the
appropriate wires (TXD, RXD) to the rig control port and the appropriate
wires (DTR, RTS) to your CW and PTT circuits.
===

Hope this helps him.  73