[WriteLog] KAM Transmit on RTTY?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] KAM Transmit on RTTY?
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez in Cyprus)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:19:00 -0000
Hi All,

Been using a KAM and a KAM+ since the year dot (well almost), with various
software, and Writelog 10.xx
exclusively for the past 12 months without any problems.

I have never experienced missed characters on TX. Maybe this is a separate
RFI issue.

These are the port settings from my WRITELOG.ini file:

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,x

Although I only have 2 COM ports on my system.

I use COM1 for the KAM+. My mouse is on COM2, both serial ports are 9 pin.

I found that the low tones were correct for my KAM+, and polarity B. The RX
signal sits nicely in the passband of my rigs filters when using FSK.

The KAM and KAM+ have always worked very well with Writelog.

Finally, my operating system is Windows 98, simply because I prefer CW key
on the little used parallel port.
It makes sense to me to use this resource on CW rather than hogging a much
more valuable serial port.

Hope to see you on the air soon.

73

Dez - ZC4DW