[WriteLog] More on XP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More on XP
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:44:42 -0400
Bill,

Your last staement is what I was talking about several years ago on both
the CT and cq-contest reflectors.  Too bad K1EA does not have time to
make a "real" windows version.  Maybe if he waits long enough he will
only have to build a NT version.

The compaq techy told me that MS will cut the switch on DOS completely
but will support
DOS as a second operating system.   You are probably like me with several
old PC's around.  I have a 16Mhz DOS PC (the only one with 5.25 floppy
HI), a 386 that we used for that airport contract with the older software
from Comserve, a Compaq Prolinea that was a 386SX33 that I upgraded ro a
486/100 that I used to build my book "The Amateur Radio Mail Order
Catalog and Resource Directory" with Pagemeker 5 (its a W 3.1 machine).
I even have an old Compaq XT clone with DOS 3 on it.  All of these work
and are worth exactly nothing.   CT 8 runs great on the 486/100...I even
ran Mindspring internet on it.

Now if only the software folks would not take up all the resources (more
HD and memory)
with their software we would get someplace. HI

73 Dave K4JRB