[WriteLog] Need info on 8 port serial interface PCI expansion boards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need info on 8 port serial interface PCI expansion boards
From: n1hko@arrl.net (N1HKO - Bill Fleming)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:39:22 -0400
Hi Peter,

I have the best results with network based controllers. These are
boxes and/or cards which emulate various types of serial ports but
install as a network driver. The driver then routes serial data to and
from the controller. They come in both internal and external
versions. The external requires that you be on a network. I run both
Comtrol and Maxspeed here with great sucess. For more info see:

http://www.comtrol.com
http://www.maxspeed.com

I have a Maxspeed SP-8 that has never been used other than for
testing. It works fine other than the driver is not compatible with the
NT Dual-Proc kernel and I bought the SP-8 for a Dual-proc
machine. I have the SP-8 and three (3) octopus cables one each
for DB-25, DB-9 and RJ-45. For more info on the SP-8 see:

http://www.maxspeed.com/Products/ps8.html

Make me a fair offer and you can have 8 high speed ports on one
IRQ with no conflicts!

73,