[WriteLog] IARU log rejected--Solved

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IARU log rejected--Solved
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:09:34 -0400
At 08:56 -0700 07/18/2002, Jim Reisert wrote:

>The robot is probably NOT seeing an attachment in your message, and therefore
>isn't complaining, but some staffer will have to dig the message out and
>extract the log manually - more chance for error.  Plus, if this is done a
>month or two after the contest, and they ultimately find something wrong in
>your log (wrong format), will you be able to quickly and easily find
>the binary
>log and create the format that they really wanted?

Here's the response I got from the robot after my log submission
Sunday afternoon:

At 09:53 -0700 07/14/2002, ARRL Contest Robot wrote:

>(This is an automatic reply.)
>
>Thank you for your participation in the contest and for submitting
>your log in Cabrillo format.  Your tracking number is [3039.iaruhf].
>Please save this receipt until verifying that your log appears on the
>Logs Received web page at

I don't think I'm creating any problems for the ARRL with my logs.

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |          http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |