[WriteLog] WriteLog <-> DXTelnet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog <-> DXTelnet
From: dxtelnet@lycos.it (Fab Sarti)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:36:19 -0400
Hello
This is IK4VYX (Fab ) again.
I want to thank all those who contacted me privately
after the message I sent with title "WriteLog <-> DXTelnet"
(a copy is included below).
I would like to remark that currently the link method which uses
the DXT2WL utility ( C:\DXTELNET\DXT2WL ) is still recommended.
But next DXTelnet versions will embed a much better TCP/IP method
which will be probably the best method to use.
It will be possible not only to receive but also to submit.
And to link more than one WL session to DXTelnet (say a local one
and a remote one, each session with its own filtering).
Thanks for your attention.
Fab (IK4VYX)
-----
Hello All,
This is Fabrizio (IK4VYX)

This article announces a new method to link DXTelnet to WriteLog.

If you've never heard about it, DXTelnet can monitor dx spots
from a variety of sources, simultaneously: Packet radio, Telnet
(more than 50 nodes listed), IRC (the CQDX node), Web (the popular dxsummit web-
cluster).

DXTelnet can be downloaded from:

http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/telnet.htm

Those who are DXTelnet and WriteLog users know that a special
interface (dxt2wl) exists to link the two, locally, on the same computer.
Another interface (udpsend) will help in linking them across separate
computers.

Usage of these interfaces is well explained on:

http://www.geocities.com/writelog/dxtelnet.html
http://www.geocities.com/writelog/dxtelnet2.html
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dxt.shtml

But there is a new method which allows to link DXTelnet to any
application supporting outgoing telnet connections...
And WriteLog falls in this case, of course :-)

Please check:

http://www.geocities.com/onlydx/article_e.htm

where you will find a step by step describing how to proceed
to link DXTelnet to WriteLog using a TCP/IP conection.

The same article explains some of the benefits you can get
when using both the programmes linked together.

Just as an example, during a RTTY contest, in DXTelnet
you could define a "Select spots by word" filter, containing the string "RTTY"
DXTelnet would then feed WriteLog with only the spots that contain that word.

Thanks for your attention.

Best (((73))) de Fabrizio (IK4VYX)

Vuoi fare a botte? Scarica i nervi su Fight Club! http://fightclub.lycos.it

multipart/mixed